ONYINYE


With my legs crossed and tilted at sixty degrees to the wooden wall, all I could see were the frames of Jesus and Mary hanging around the room. The ceiling fan was helplessly blowing hot air. The junction boxes were all exposed and some wires dangled with a calculated simple harmonic motion. I could not understand why the micro wave never worked despite been repaired severally. I will sure have a cold bath since the electric kettle gave up on me few weeks ago. Things were actually not in place as supposed. If they were, I am sure my clothes will not be found all over this room. My wrist watch facing back up and my shoes all over the floor with each housing some smelly socks.
This is the feature of a room which hopes to house a girl on a date. I remembered when I will arrange my room to every pin and pen. Permit it to wear a sensual face and bless every molecule of the air around it with my favorite fragrance- Aqva 212. I would arrange the bed, gas the AC and fuel the gen. I must have lost it at some point.
I still cannot believe that I am ‘unbrushed’, ‘unbathed’ and unkempt. I just hope I don’t get ‘undated’. I may not understand the implication of allowing her walk into the bedlam of a room, but perhaps, that would assist in passing the message across- I need someone like her who can see and put things in their appropriate positions.
Not long after, Onyinye walked in. She admired my scattered room and immediately started putting things in place. She admired every piece as she kept them in their rightful positions. When she was done, she looked at me with a heart-warming smile as she proceeded to unpack the gifts she got for me for Christmas. I was so happy, until…
“Sampson, wake up I need to go. Call your cab guy and arrange your room o! It’s a mess.”
Oh no. it was Sandra. The girl from last night. It was all a dream. Onyinyes are hard to come by.

STORY WRITTEN BY: OKAFOR OBIOHA

EDITED BY: OKAFOR UZOAMAKA OWCARPHOR.

Comments

  1. 😰😰😰😰😰😰

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahahaha. Every guys dream. I pray not to wake though

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hehehe. lovely. I was here....Mbinwa

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

TO INHALE OR TO EXHALE.

UNOFFICIAL GIRL

TGIF