WHATEVER THIS CAN BE CALLED


We have been here before. Those times we argued till we had our backs up against the wall. We've been here, together but alone. Speaking in loud silence, till our unspoken words made the other fade; then vanish. Vanish gradually, like lead being erased from paper, as if to effect less shade before being erased. Totally.
We've been here those mornings I confronted you about the condoms I saw all around the room. Used.
They were just two or three and carefully tucked in the corners of the visitors room by a careless person. That was initially. You got bold and littered them all around the parlour, as if telling me: see where all the sperm we would have used in trying harder to get a child went to.
I shouted, cried and begged till I was tired. Then, suddenly I stopped. I stopped begging. I stopped crying. I refused to get mad or ask you anything about it. You knew I knew you were still having affairs. You just didn't know why I refused to ask you anything about it again. Then you got mad.

"Who are you sleeping with?" You asked one day I came home later than usual. To you that was the only explanation to my not talking about your infidelity again.
"No one." I said calmly.
"You're lying. You must be sleeping with someone. Who is he? Tell me. Does he have more money than I? Is he hotter than I am? I'm talking to you."
I chuckled.
"All the girls you bring into our home, do they have more money or class or worth than I do? No! But you bring them in anyways. Were they there for you when you were broke and preferred to buy B29 because of the free lotion, and you could use it to wash and bath? No. But you bring them in anyways. And you have the nerve to ask me if I'm sleeping with someone. If you're feeling insecure because your actions now haunt you, kindly pour it on someone else. Not me." I was shouting by now.
You just stared at me, not knowing what to say. You knew I was right. Unlike before when you would have easily worn your 'minister of defence' apparel, you were mute, with no words to defend yourself.

"Maybe you should give me children then."
I was mid way to my bedroom when you said that.

"Maybe you should stop sharing what is left of your sperm around. Afterall you're the one with low sperm count, not I."
I shut the door after me.

Image: @ogbabes

Comments

  1. So she knows the problem but decides to stick in the marriage?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much. You make me keep writing.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

TO INHALE OR TO EXHALE.

UNOFFICIAL GIRL

TGIF